Couples Childbirth Workshops
Couples Childbirth Education & Hypnosis Workshop
This workshop is designed to empowering you and your partner for your labour journey so you can experience the best possible outcome, where you feel well educated, strong mentally, but also able to breathe and surrender through using Hypnosis in preparation leading up to your labour journey and during your labour. The use of Hypnosis is total underestimated in it potential to assist women in labour and is one of the most powerful tools a woman can use!
I will assist you to gain clarity with what you want to create for your labour journey and assist you to understand the many choices you have available to you, which leads to the most empowering experience for the both of you!
I will also educate your partner the number one person at your labour how to be the best support he/she can be come your baby’s birth- day or night!
When: Saturday & Sunday
Time: 9.00am- 12.30pm
November – Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th
February – Saturday 23rd & 24th
January – Saturday, 29th & 30th
April Saturday, 13th & Sunday 14th
This workshop comes with two comprehensive workbooks, Hypnosis for Birth Cd 1 & 2 plus a bonus Hypnosis scripts and a set Affirmation cards.
In this workshop I will cover : –
- Creating the birth you want and desire – how to get clear in your mind about what you want!
- How to create a natural birth experience regardless of where you are birthing
- Pregnancy exercises –‘Tummy Time’ and ‘Ball Time’
- Optimal Foetal Positioning – how it makes a labour of difference long labour or shorter labour!
- Skills and techniques your birth support partner/people really need to know to assist you 100% mentally, physically and emotionally
- Teaching your partner/support people how to massage you when having contractions and what they can do between contractions to help you ‘let go’ and surrender!
- What contractions actually are from a biomechanical perspective, and how to work with them
- How the hormones in labour are your best friends and how you can encourage more Oxytocin and Endorphin production
- How to breathe rhythmically through your labour so that you remain relaxed and calm at all times- and through practical demonstrations and experience I will take you into a hypnotic state to show you how you can surrender completely and let go- freeing you up to just get on with the job of labouring – stepping out of your own way!
- You will physically experiment with and practice how the active labour positions feel and how your support person can assist you in those positions
- What the stages of labour are and what you may look like in a particular stage
- Which active labour positions work best for each stage of labour
- Organisation of your labour bag – what do you really need?
- Factors to be aware of as a Birth Support Person – the Do’s and Dont’s
- Things to remember when in labour
“The couples workshop taught Mark and I what to expect when I go into labour, how each stage of labour progresses and the mechanics of the labour process, including understanding why and how contractions happen, how the pelvis and cervix will stretch and open when women are in active labour positions and how encouraging your baby into optimal foetal position during pregnancy can make a huge difference to the “intensity” of labour and birth. As well, Gaby helped us to understand that we can create an experience that for both of us is joyful, empowering, exciting and as we would like it to be. It has helped us to plan what needs planning in advance and to understand that surrendering and letting go are the most important things for me on the day. Gaby places the process and result of labour and birth back into the hands of the mother and her partner rather than with the medical staff within a hospital or birthing centre. For women and their partners who want to experience birth naturally, actively and as something with the power to transform, Gaby’s courses provide the way forward for this.”
Thank you Gaby, Mark and Meredith
“Throughout my pregnancy, I participated in Gaby’s various workshops including the Couples Childbirth Education workshop and the ‘4 week journey’ – a glorious, reflective workshop of personal growth, just for women! For me, these workshops were exactly what I needed – and had been searching for. Gaby filled my head with confidence. She went through scenarios with us, gently guiding us through our options and choices for birthing. We learnt active birthing positions, how to surrender and breathe through contractions, as well as hands on massage techniques and relaxation skills. Gaby helped us focus on what we wanted to achieve and best of all; she helped us to see that as intelligent, independent birthing women, we do have a say in what choices we decide to make. After completing these workshops, I knew exactly how I wanted to birth, and felt that I had the knowledge and strength to do so. In fact I was just so excited about my impending birth! You just aren’t ready to give birth until you have been to Gaby’s workshops! Do you want to know how you can feel confident and excited about giving birth? Attend Gaby’s workshops.”
Go to my testimonials page to see more of my happy clients feedback about my services. This workshop will teach you everything you need to know and is the best investment you can make into you and your baby’s new life here in this world!