Delivery Details (not baby delivery/birth-parcel delivery!)
Regular Post – within Australia
Regular post is the cheapest option, and does not require a signature for receipt of the parcel. If the parcel does not fit in your mailbox, you may run the risk of having it left in an alternative locations, like on your doorstep. If this occurs a labour of love cannot accept responsibility if the parcel goes missing or is damaged. In most cases however, if the parcel is too large for the mail box, then a collection card will be left with collection instructions for your nearest post office.
Once an order is made, a labour of Love processes the order within 1 to 3 days. A Labour of Love then delivers the books, products, Cd’s you ordered to our good friends at Australia Post who usually take a further 5 to 10 business days to deliver the products to your home or workplace. Of course this timeframe may vary depending upon the time of year and your location. In order to ensure a hassle free delivery of you’re a labour of love products, please provide an address where someone will be present during business hours to take delivery.
Whilst a labour of love will always make every effort to get your products to you as soon as possible, please allow us a little longer during holiday periods like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Easter and Christmas.
Despite a labour of love’s best efforts, there may also be occasions in the cooler months when we run out of stock, however we will advise you if this is the case and we appreciate your patience if this does occur!
We always go to great lengths to ensure our customers have the most competitive postage rates.
A Labour of love understands better than anyone that some of you will want your products, books and Cd’s as quickly as humanly possible especially if you are few weeks away from birthing. For you I suggest the express post service. However, this service is not eligible for a registered post arrangement, so a signature is not required. If the parcel is too big to be left in the mail box, then a collection card will be left with collection instructions for your nearest post office. Please note that you will incur a slightly greater postage fee from Australia Post for the Express Post service.
A Labour of love understands that there are pregnant women all over the world who want to purchase products, books and Cd’s from a labour of love. Orders must be paid for in Australia dollars and charges appropriate for delivery to the destination country will apply. Generally delivery time from Australia is within 10-25 days of placing your order. However, unfortunately delays do sometimes occur when suits are shipped internationally and we thankyou for your patience.
There are three choices for Overseas delivery:-
- Normal Air mail – Usually takes 15-25 days and is by far the cheapest option but takes the longest to get to your door
- Express Courier – Usually takes 2 – 5 business days (once posted), requires a signature on delivery and is fully traceable.
- Receipted delivery:-
- Registered Post for items under 2kg – usually take 10-15 business days, requires a receipt on delivery and has limited tracking
- Express parcel post for items over 2kg – usually takes 3 – 7 business days, requires a signature on delivery and has slightly more tracking.
When is the best time to employ a doula?
From 20 weeks onwards.
When is the best time to come to your Pregnancy Specific Aqua Fitness classes?
From as early as 8 weeks through to 42 weeks gestation.
Do I need to book in to your Pregnancy Specific Aqua classes?
No you can just turn up. There is the option to pay online through PayPal or direct deposit into my account if you go the Pregnancy Specific Aqua page on this website.
When is the best time to attend your Couples Childbirth Educational workshops?
Anytime from 20 – 40 weeks in your pregnancy.
What is the difference between your Couples Childbirth Educational workshops and the NEW Hypnosis Childbirth Educational workshop?
The one day workshop for couples is all the hands on information your partner and you need to know to create the most incredible labour journey. The NEW workshop with the Hypnosis covers all my childbirth education that you get in the one day couples workshop plus learning about how to use hypnosis for labour as well.
What is Hypnosis for Birth/Hypnobirthing?
Hypnobirthing is childbirth education programme developed in the U.S.A by Marie Mongan. It teaches couples about the birth process with an emphasis on self-hypnosis and relaxation that is easy and effective as well breathing techniques. Gabrielle is a trained Hynobirthing practitioner as well as being certified Advanced Hypnosis practitioner. This means I can actually put my clients under hypnosis to assist them to have faster and better results with shifting current beliefs about labour , releasing the fear of pain associated with labouring, clearing any past birth labour trauma, and cleaning the slate so that you feel healthy and clear in your mind about your imminent labour journey.
Here are some of the things you will learn in Hypnobirthing that are not covered in most antenatal classes:
- Breathing techniques that actually help the birth (and it’s not the panting that most people think they have to do. Why would anyone want to hyperventilate during labour?)
- How Dad’s-to-be (or your birth partner) will have a clear role and won’t be left feeling helpless
- How to significantly reduce the need for medication
- How to reduce your risk of needing an episiotomy or tearing during childbirth
- How to be confident and informed when dealing with medical staff – when to question, what to ask and when it’s time to let them take charge
- How to release any fears you might have about childbirth
- How to bring about your own easy start of labour with simple, natural techniques, if you go beyond your “due date”
- How to relax and stay calm and in control, regardless of what’s happening around you.
Why have a Doula?
I have been asked by many ‘Why have a Doula?’ or ‘What did the Doula do for you?’ What they should have asked was, ‘Why wouldn’t you have a Doula?’
“I firmly believe that our positive birth experience was as a direct result of the preparation, support and advice of our Doula-Gaby. If only she could continue until our beautiful boy is a grown adult.”
Olivia and Greg, 2007